1. You need to first decide that you want to change your feelings, and that you will make the effort – even if you can’t be bothered.
2. Smile at everyone you meet – even if you feel it’s fake. In time our actions often change the way we feel inside.
3. Look for something you can laugh at – decide to have some fun.
4. Choose to play it forward – do a random act of kindness. It will raise your self esteem and help to lighten up your mood.
5. Treat yourself with love and kindness; cut yourself some extra slack. For now, accept the way you’re feeling, and be patient with yourself.
6. Play some upbeat, happy music that you know will lift your mood – and maybe sing along, and get some friends to join in, too.