1. Focus on doing one thing at a time. Tackling multiple activities may seem more efficient, but giving one task your complete attention is actually more productive in the end. It also cuts down on your levels of stress.
2. Slow down and enjoy the journey. Whatever you’re doing is important right now. Don’t wish that it was over – and try and make it fun.
3. Stop being such a perfectionist. If you’re a pilot or a surgeon then standards have their place … but for the rest of life “don’t be so hard on yourself”. Don’t stress out over details and impressing everyone.
4. Learn to delegate to others: take the pressure off yourself. Perhaps other people won’t do the job as well. But that’s how people grow – so why not give them that chance – and spend your own time doing things that you’d prefer to do.
5. Don’t always be waiting for the other shoe to drop. Lots of people spend their lives terrified of what might happen – and most of the time things work out to be just fine. Thus, they’re worrying for nothing when they could be having fun!
6. Focus on what you have, not what you wish you had. All of us have things we can be grateful for. Not everything is awful –and life’s not always bad. And if you change your focus to what you’re thankful for, you’ll find you feel much happier, and worry a lot less.
7. If things go wrong, just shrug your shoulders and smile. Remind yourself that life goes on - so don’t wreak your life wishing things were different or regretting what you’ve done. Also, things might work out next time. Tomorrow’s a new day.
Paulo Coelho (via onlinecounsellingcollege)
Fake it until you become it!
1. We can’t tell the future; we don’t know what lies ahead. All we can ever do is try to figure out a plan.
2. Your friends and your parents don’t know the future either. Your life is YOURS to live – don’t let them plan your life for you.
3. Enjoy what’s happening now; hang out, and do things with your friends. At least that is reality – so make the most of “now”.
4. Uncertainty and change are a big – normal – part of life. So, learn to become comfortable with “not knowing right now.”
5. Procrastination, although common, can really stop you from succeeding. Just take a step and act – regardless of the way you feel.
6. You need to learn to focus – and ignore all distractions – for, otherwise, you’ll never really progress or succeed.
7. Life is full of lots of chances – you can usually try again – or try another option if you mess things up this time.